Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Online Presentation: Mountains

The online presentation allowed me to see how there are many other ways to incorporate technology into the classroom. This activity could be adjusted to fit any curriculum standard and can be surprisingly fun. I enjoyed coming up with my own topic: a PowerPoint presentation about the world's tallest mountains. I thought that finding the pictures and the facts that would accompany them really solidified the information in my mind. I think that the same would be true of any class that I would teach in the Social Studies. I essentially did a Geography lesson with my mountain presentation, but I could have chosen the Emperors of Rome, the artists of the Renaissance, the battles of the American Civil War, or each of the Amendments of the Bill of Rights. The flexibility of the online presentation is really what gives this activity such bravado in the teacher's planning arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment