Thursday, June 20, 2013

Inquiry Based Activity

I actually thoroughly enjoyed researching and creating the Inquiry Based Activity. To me it was something that I could easily see myself using in classes that I will teach. I did mine on the Peloponnesian War, between the Greek city-states of Athens and Sparta. This particular episode in history was an excellent choice. I first provided a websites that compared and contrasted the two cities. This was to give students background information (or a refresher course) on the two participates in the conflict. After answering a series of questions from that website, the students were directed to another website which discussed the basics of the Peloponnesian War. The students were required to answer another four questions. The last question took all the information they had learned through the course of the activity and write a paragraph as to which city they would rather have been a citizen (or member) of. I could easily use this same template to talk about topics throughout Ancient/World/US History.

No comments:

Post a Comment