Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reviewing Websites

I found the process of reviewing academic websites to be an easy exercise, but that may have been the consequences of picking a really wonderful website. Due to my social studies background, I decided that I would use the Digital History website to review. I am really glad I did. It had tons of resources for both teachers and students alike; it was really interactive as well.

I can see why reviewing websites will become even more crucial as time goes on. My generation (I was born in 1989) was perhaps the last generation that will be able to remember collecting books and magazine articles to include in your next research paper. This is because we can all remember a time, though vaguely, before the internet. As the internet continues to grow and continues to increase the size of its digital library, it will become important for students to know how to navigate the internet to find appropriate sources for their own academic papers. Hopefully, we as teachers can do our part in assuring that our students do not believe everything they see on the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment